Cefpodoxime 100 mg
Brand Name: Podkiv 100 Dry Syrup
Composition : Cefpodoxime 100 mg
Packing : DrySyrup With Water
Price : Rs.
Cefpodoxime 100 mg is an antibiotic medicine that contains cefpodoxime. It is used to treat bacterial infections of the lungs, nose, throat, ears, skin, bladder, etc., and also used to treat typhoid fever in children. This medicine cures infection by killing or stopping the growth of the bacteria. The syrup is not effective against infections caused by viruses. Your doctor may advise taking Syrup alone or in combination with other medications to treat bacterial infections. Cefpodoxime 100 mg syrup should be taken as prescribed by the doctor or in the correct doses and for the exact duration as prescribed. It should be taken with food to avoid stomach pain or discomfort.
Uses of Cefpodoxime 100 mg:
- Cefpodoxime 100 mg is used to treat bacterial infections like respiratory tract infections, skin infections, ear infections, throat infections, infection of the tonsils, etc.
- This syrup is also used to treat infections of the urinary tract and other infections of genital organs in children.
- Bronchitis is the swelling and irritation of bronchial tubes that regulates air passage in the lungs and this Syrup is used to treat bronchitis caused by bacteria. It is also used to treat long-term inflammation of the bronchi.
- Tonsillitis is an infection that causes swelling and soreness in the throat and tonsils. If the infection affects both the throat and the tonsils, then. Cefpodoxime 100 mg Syrup is used to treat pharyngitis and tonsillitis.
- An infection of the middle ear near the area behind the eardrum is common in infants and children. It is used to treat acute otitis media caused by bacteria.
Side Effect of Cefpodoxime 100 mg:
There are a lot of uses for Cefpodoxime 100 mg as well as side effects, not all the side effects may occur or can result from an overdose, talk to your doctor immediately if you are experiencing the following side effects mentioned below,
- Dark or clay-coloured stools
- Nausea and vomiting
- Decreased appetite
- Stomach pain
- Acid or sour stomach
- Excessive air or gas in the stomach
How to use:
- Take Cefpodoxime 100 mg only as directed by your doctor or do not take more of it, do not take it more often, than your doctor ordered.
- You or your child must take the syrup with food, to avoid stomach pain or discomfort.
- Shake the container of syrup well before each use and measure with a marked measuring spoon, or medicine cup. The household teaspoon may not hold the right amount of oral liquid.
- Keep using this syrup for the full treatment time, even if you or your child feel better after the first few doses.
The dose of Cefpodoxime 100 mg will be different for different people according to their medical conditions. Follow your doctor's instructions or the directions available on the product packaging. If your dose is different, do not change it unless your doctor tells you to do so because it is based on your medical condition or may be other reasons. The amount of syrup you take depends on the volume of the medication and the number of doses you take each day, the time allowed between doses, and the length of time you take the medicine depending on the medical problem.
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
- Do not keep outdated Cefpodoxime 100 mg syrup any longer needed.
- Ask your doctor or healthcare professional how you should dispose of any medicine you do not use.
- Store the syrup in a closed container at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
- Store the oral liquid in the refrigerator and throw away any unused medicine after 15 days.
- If your child's symptoms do not improve within a few days, or if they worsen, consult with your doctor.
- Cefpodoxime 100 mg syrup may cause diarrhoea; in some cases, it can be severe. Do not give medicine to your child to treat diarrhoea without first checking with your healthcare professionals. If you have any questions about this or if mild diarrhoea continues or gets worse, get medical attention immediately.
- Before your child has any medical tests, tell the pharmacist or doctor in charge that you are using this medicine or results of some tests may be affected by this syrup.
Cefpodoxime 100 mg syrup Manufacturer and Supplier:
Unibyte Kids with WHO – GMP approved and ISO-certified industry, is one of the best paediatric products suppliers based in India. They enjoy a growing base of faithful customers and have a strong infrastructure supported by a team of experienced experts to look into regulatory affairs. They are committed to consistently producing paediatric medicines or products that meet our customers expectations for safety, quality, and efficacy.