Azithromycin 100 mg Suspension
Brand Name: Azvrin 100 Suspension
Composition : Azithromycin 100 mg Suspension
Packing : 30ml With Carton
Price : Rs.
Azithromycin is an antibiotic medicine that comes under the brand name Azvrin 100 Suspension. It is commonly given to children for many bacterial infections relating to the ear, eyes, nose, throat, lungs, skin, and gastrointestinal tract.
Azvrin is a macrolide-type antibiotic that works by killing the bacteria or making it hard for the bacteria to grow and multiply. As a result, the infection doesn’t spread in the body.
Uses of Azvrin 100 Suspension
- Treats bacterial infection
Benefits of Azvrin
- This medicine is meant to treat different types of bacterial infections, including infections in the blood, brain, lungs, bones, joints, urinary tract, stomach, and intestines.
- It can also be used to treat sexually transmitted diseases.
- It kills the bacteria, hence halting the growth of infection.
Side Effects of Azithromycin medication
Common side effects
- Usually, there are no such side effects that a child cannot tolerate but Stomach upset, diarrhea/loose stools, nausea, vomiting, or abdominal pain may occur, if anyone of them lasts longer please consult the doctor.
Serious side effects
- Decreased hearing or deafness
- Eye problems (such as drooping eyelids, and blurred vision)
- Difficulty in speaking or swallowing
- Muscle weakness
- Signs of liver problems (such as nausea/vomiting that doesn't stop, unusual tiredness, severe stomach/abdominal pain, yellowing eyes/skin, dark urine)
Extremely serious side effects
- Fast/irregular heartbeat
- Severe dizziness
This medication can rarely cause severe intestinal conditions due to a bacteria called C. difficile. If you develop the underlying symptoms please get in touch with your doctor.
- Diarrhea that doesn't stop
- Abdominal or stomach pain/cramping
- Blood/mucus in your stool
- Using this medication for a prolonged period may result in oral thrush or a new yeast infection. Get in touch with your doctor if you develop white patches in your mouth, a change in vaginal discharge, or other new symptoms.
A serious allergic reaction to this medicine is rare but if you develop the following symptoms, contact your doctor immediately:
- Prolonged fever
- new or worsening lymph node swelling
- itching/swelling (especially of the face/tongue/throat)
- severe dizziness
- trouble breathing
Precautions to consider while taking Azvrin 100 Suspension
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to Azithromycin or consuming any other antibiotics.
- Tell your pharmacist or doctor your medical history, especially regarding:
- Liver disease
- Kidney disease
- Myasthenia gravis(a certain muscle disease)
- This medicine may cause a condition that affects the heart rhythm (QT prolongation)
- It may cause problems to live bacterial vaccines, tell your health professional about Azithromycin before taking the vaccine.
- Inform your doctor or dentist about all kinds of drugs including prescription drugs, nonprescription drugs, and herbal products.
- Older patients can be more prone to this drug, especially QT prolongation.
- Children especially those younger than 6 weeks are at more risk of getting certain serious stomach problems. Do get in touch with the child’s doctor if your child vomits or becomes irritable with feeding.
- Discuss the pros and cons of this medicine with your doctor before taking it during pregnancy.
- This drug can also pass into breast milk, so ask your doctor before breastfeeding.
- Ques. How to give this medicine to my child?
Ans. Take the dose accordingly as told by the doctor, and check the label carefully. Measure it with a measuring cup and take it by mouth and shake it well before use, for much effectiveness.
- Ques. What if I forget to give the medicine to my child?
Ans. There is no need to worry, as long as the doctor told you to do so, you can continue but there should be a gap of 12 hours between doses.
- Ques. Are there any allergic reactions to this medicine?
Ans. A serious allergic reaction to this medicine is rare but if you develop the following symptoms, contact your doctor immediately:
- Prolonged fever
- New or worsening lymph node swelling
- Itching/swelling (especially of the face/tongue/throat)
- Severe dizziness