Cefixime 100mg + Potassium Clavulanate 62.5 mg Dry Syrup
Brand Name: Imibyte 100 CV
Composition : Cefixime 100mg + Potassium Clavulanate 62.5 mg Dry Syrup
Packing : Dry syrup with Water
Price : Rs.
Cefixime +Potassium Clavulanate is basically a combination of two medicines whose names are comprised within its name only that is Cefixime and Potassium Clavulanate. Their main function is to treat bacterial infections. Cefixime's function is to prevent the development of bacterial protective covering which is required for the survival of bacteria. Potassium Clavulanate acts in reducing the resistance and increases the activity of Cefixime against bacteria. This medicine is also used in the treatment gonorrhoea and enteric fever. It is recommended to take this medicine with the proper consultation from your doctor.
The dose and duration of taking the medicine differ from person to person and on the severity of the infection. There are some common side effects that a person can get in the initial days of taking this medication like diarrhoea, vomiting, nausea etc. But these symptoms are only for a short period of time and get cured on their own, but if they persist for a long term then you should consult your doctor.
Uses Of Cefixime 100mg + Potassium Clavulanate 62.5 mg Dry Syrup
- Used in the treatment of severe bacterial infections that occurred in the urinary tract, ear, lungs, etc, or infections like typhoid fever or gonorrhoea.
- If you are pregnant then you should consult your doctor before taking this medicine as is a very limited study that tells whether the medicine is safe for pregnant women.
- If you are breastfeeding then you should consult your doctor before taking this medicine as there is limited information that tells whether this medicine has any side effects on the newborn baby.
- Cefixime +Potassium Clavulanate may cause dizziness. So it is recommended that you should not drive your vehicle if you are not fully alert.
- Alcohol consumption should be avoided when you are taking this medicine to avoid side effects.
- If you are suffering from any liver problem or have a history of it then you should tell to your doctor to avoid any side effects.
- If you are suffering from any kidney problems or have a history of it then you should tell to your doctor to avoid any side effects.
- You should make sure that your doctor is aware of if you have any allergy to any of the components of the medicine.
- If you have a history of haemolytic anaemia, this is a condition in which there is a decrease in the number of red blood cells. Then your doctor should be well informed about it.
- If you have a history of infection or swelling in the colon then you should brief your doctor about it.
- Stomach pain
Directions Of Use
- The label of the bottle is needed to be checked before using it and the bottle should be shaken properly so that the powder gets loosened. Take the dose as prescribed by your doctor using the measuring cup.
- It is needed to be stored in a cool and dry place away from sunlight.
Q. How long does Cefixime+Potassium Clavulanate takes to work?
Ans. Usually, Cefixime+Potassium Clavulanate starts working soon after taking it. However, it may take some days to kill all the harmful bacteria and make you feel better.
Q. What if I don't get better after using Cefixime+Potassium Clavulanate?
Ans. Inform your doctor if you don't feel better after finishing the full course of treatment. Also, inform him if his symptoms are getting worse while using this medicine.
Q. Can I stop taking Cefixime+Potassium Clavulanate when I feel better?
Ans.No, do not stop taking Cefixime+Potassium Clavulanate and complete the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Your symptoms may improve before the infection is completely cured.