Amoxicillin 200mg and potassium clavulanate 28.5mg Tablets
Brand Name: HugeClav Kid Tablets
Composition : Amoxicillin 200mg and potassium clavulanate 28.5mg Tablets
Packing : 10x10Tablets
Price : Rs.
Amoxicillin/clavulanic tablet is a combination of penicillin-type antibiotics used to treat a wide variety of bacterial infections. It works by stopping the growth of bacteria. This antibiotic is only beneficial for bacterial infections. It will not work for viral infections such as the common cold, or flu. Using any antibiotic when it is not needed can cause it to not work for future infections.
Benefits of Amoxicillin and potassium clavulanate
- Stops the growth of bacteria
Directions of use
- Take this medication by mouth with a full glass of water, and take the tablet as a whole. For instructions regarding the dosage of tablets consult with your doctor.
- Dosage is based on your weight, medical condition, and response to the treatment.
- Tell your doctor if your condition lasts or gets worse.
- Diarrhea, nausea, or vomiting may occur after taking this medicine.
- Many people using this medication do not have serious side effects.
- Tell your doctor right away if you have any serious side effects, including signs of liver disease.
- This medication may rarely cause a severe intestinal condition due to a bacteria called C. difficile.
- Tell your doctor right away if you develop: diarrhea that doesn't stop, abdominal or stomach pain/cramping, or blood/mucus in your stool.
- If any of these effects last or get worse, tell the doctor or pharmacist promptly.
- Keep this medication out of the reach of children.
- Taking this medication with food will help to reduce stomach upset.
- Remember that this medication has been prescribed because your doctor has judged that the benefit to you is greater than the risk of side effects.
- Before taking this product, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to amoxicillin or clavulanic acid; penicillin or cephalosporin antibiotics; or if you have any other allergies.
- This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems. Talk to your pharmacist for more details.
- Serious and occasionally fatal hypersensitivity reactions have been reported in patients receiving beta-lactam antibacterials, including amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium. These reactions are more likely to occur in individuals with a history of penicillin hypersensitivity and/or a history of sensitivity to multiple allergens
- Before using this medication, tell the doctor or pharmacist your medical history, especially of: liver disease, kidney disease, or a certain type of viral infection (infectious mononucleosis).
- This medication may contain aspartame. If you have phenylketonuria or any other condition that requires you to limit or avoid aspartame in your diet, ask your doctor or pharmacist about using this medication safely.
- Before having the medicine, tell your doctor or dentist about all the products you use including prescription drugs, nonprescription drugs, and herbal products.
- This product may cause live bacterial vaccines such as typhoid vaccines to not work well.
- Tell your healthcare professional that you are using this medication before having any immunizations/vaccinations.
- Adopting healthy habits can help your body fight infections and also help in retaining a healthy body state.
- Prevention is always better than cure and is vital in healthcare.
- In deciding to use a medicine, the risks of taking the medicine must be weighed against the good it will do. This decision will be taken by your doctor.
Ques. Who should not take this medicine?
Ans. Consult with your doctor if you have the following Conditions:
- Diarrhea from infection with Clostridium difficile bacteria
- Mononucleosis, the kissing disease
- Chronic kidney disease stage 4 (severe)
- Chronic kidney disease stage 5 (failure)
- Kidney disease with likely reduction in kidney function
Ques. What conditions does HugeClav Kid treat?
Ans. A bacterial infection
- chronic bronchitis caused by Haemophilus influenza
- presumed infection in a neutropenic patient with a fever
- a common cold
Ques. Does this medicine have any allergic reactions?
Ans. Drug interactions may change how your medications work or increase your risk for serious side effects. Do not start, stop, or change the dosage of any medicines without your doctor's approval.
Ques. What are common side effects of using this medication?
Ans. Diarrhea, nausea, or vomiting are some of the common side effects of using these tablets.