Amoxicillin 250mg and potassium clavulanate 50mg Injection
Brand Name: HugeClav Kid
Composition : Amoxicillin 250mg and potassium clavulanate 50mg Injection
Packing : 300gms
Price : Rs.
Amoxicillin acid is a combination of penicillin-type antibiotics used to treat a wide variety of bacterial infections. It works by stopping the growth of bacteria. This antibiotic treats only bacterial infections. It will not work for viral infections such as the common cold, or flu. Using any antibiotic when it is not needed can cause it to not work for future infections.
How to use
- Shake the bottle well before each dose. Carefully measure the dose using a special measuring device/spoon.
- Do not use a household spoon because you may not get the correct dose. Take this medication with a meal or snack as directed by the doctor.
- Depending on your specific product, this medication is usually taken every 8 or 12 hours.
- The dosage is based on your age, weight, medical condition, and response to treatment.
- For the best effect, take this antibiotic at evenly spaced times. To help you remember, take this medication at the same time every day.
- Continue to take this medication until the full prescribed amount is finished, even if symptoms disappear after a few days. Stopping the medication too early may allow bacteria to continue to grow, which may result in a return of the infection.
Uses of HugeClav Kid
- Stops the growth of bacteria
- Diarrhea, nausea, or vomiting may occur. If any of these effects last or get worse, tell the doctor or pharmacist promptly.
- Taking this medication with food will help to reduce stomach upset.
- Remember that this medication has been prescribed because your doctor has judged that the benefit to you is greater than the risk of side effects.
- Many people using this medication do not have serious side effects.
- Tell your doctor right away if you have any serious side effects, including signs of liver disease.
- This medication may rarely cause a severe intestinal condition due to a bacteria called C. difficile.
- This condition may occur during treatment or weeks to months after treatment has stopped.
- Tell your doctor right away if you develop: diarrhea that doesn't stop, abdominal or stomach pain/cramping, or blood/mucus in your stool.
- Before taking this product, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to amoxicillin or clavulanic acid; penicillin or cephalosporin antibiotics; or if you have any other allergies.
- This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems. Talk to your pharmacist for more details.
- Before using this medication, tell the doctor or pharmacist your medical history, especially of: liver disease, kidney disease, or a certain type of viral infection (infectious mononucleosis).
- This medication may contain aspartame. If you have phenylketonuria or any other condition that requires you to limit/avoid aspartame in your diet, ask your doctor or pharmacist about using this medication safely.
- Before having surgery, tell your doctor or dentist about all the products you use including prescription drugs, nonprescription drugs, and herbal products.
- This product may cause live bacterial vaccines (such as typhoid vaccine) to not work well.
- Tell your healthcare professional that you are using this medication before having any immunizations/vaccinations.
Ques. Who should not take this medicine?
Ans. Consult with your doctor if you have the following Conditions:
- Diarrhea from infection with Clostridium difficile bacteria
- Mononucleosis, the kissing disease
- Chronic kidney disease stage 4 (severe)
- Chronic kidney disease stage 5 (failure)
- Kidney disease with likely reduction in kidney function
Ques. What conditions does HugeClav Kid treat?
Ans. A bacterial infection
- chronic bronchitis caused by Haemophilus influenza
- presumed infection in a neutropenic patient with a fever
- a common cold
Ques. Does this medicine have any allergic reactions?
Ans. Drug interactions may change how your medications work or increase your risk for serious side effects. Do not start, stop, or change the dosage of any medicines without your doctor's approval.